Apple has officially launched its keyboard repair program for MacBook and MacBook Pro models which were designed with the ‘Butterfly’ mechanism to overcome the issues of letters or characters that repeat unexpectedly, letters or characters that do not appear, and keys that feel “sticky” or do not respond in a consistent way.
So Apple is offering an extended service program for MacBooks that are affected by this issue via iMore.
According to the company, a small percentage of recent MacBook and MacBook Pro devices from around 2015 to 2017 can face this symptom.
The customer can visit the Apple Authorised Service Provider or Apple retail store with their affected MacBook and MacBook Pro to use the extended warranty which includes the replacement of one or more keys or the whole replacement of the keyboard depending upon the extent of the issue of the user.
According to the official Apple service page, the program addresses the following issues;
- Letters/characters do not appear at all
- Key/Keys feel “sticky” or do not respond in a consistent way.
- Letters/characters repeat unusually.
Also, the models of MacBook and MacBook Pro which are eligible for the extended keyboard service program are listed as follows:
- MacBook (12-inches model, Retina, Early 2015)
- MacBook (12-inches model, Retina, Early 2016)
- MacBook (12-inches model, Retina, 2017)
- MacBook Pro ( 2016 model, 13 inches, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro ( 2017 model, 13 inches, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro ( 2016 model, 13-inches, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro ( 2017 model, 13-inches, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro ( 2016 model, 15-inches)
- MacBook Pro ( 2017 model, 15-inches)
Except these, no other MacBook and MacBook Pro are included in this program.
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”