We got to know on September 10 that a model of iPhone 14 has appeared on Geekbench, which is the basic version of the iPhone 14 just released by Apple.
This model was also running on the iOS 16.0 system. This one was equipped with a 3.23GHz A15 bionic chip and is equipped with 6GB of RAM. The single-core and multi-core scores are 1719 and 4552 points respectively, which are generally the same as the A15 on the iPhone 13 series.
Conventionally, the Apple iPhone 13 series model ID is iPhone 14,x (x=2/3/4/5), and the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max models are iPhone 15,x (2/3), but this model number of the phone also belongs to the iPhone 14,x, so some people think that this model may have been originally designed according to a perceived iPhone 13s model.
We recently found that Apple likes to use chips as the difference between model identifications. This naming rule also applies to iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C. Their model identifications are iPhone 5,1 and iPhone 5,3 respectively, and the iPhone 5S with a newer generation of chips is replaced It is iPhone6,1.
For comparison, here are the Geekbench scores of the four models of Apple’s iPhone 13 series.
In fact, compared to the iPhone 13 series, Apple’s current generation iPhone 14 basic version shows only a small improvement, while the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max have extremely obvious improvements. The “small iteration” in the iPhone 13, the naming of which is attributed to the iPhone 14 series is more to highlight the cost-effectiveness of the two models of the Pro series.
So, what is the difference between the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 13?
1. A15 processor with one more GPU core.
2. RAM increased by 50% to 6GB.
3. The front camera has a larger aperture of f/1.9 and supports autofocus.
4. The main camera aperture is larger, f/1.5.
5. Add a high g-value acceleration sensor to support car accident detection.
6. Improved the light image engine.
7. Cinematic mode supports shooting 4K 30fps.
8. Video supports motion mode, more stable.
9. Upgraded to Bluetooth 5.3
10. Two more 5G frequency bands, n26 and n70.
11. The video playback time is 1 hour longer.
12. The gyro axis is upgraded from three axes to high dynamic.
13. Satellite short message SOS.
14. Replacing the mini with Plus increases the starting price.
15. The single ambient light sensor is upgraded to a dual ambient light sensor.