The latest additions to Canon’s flagship compact G series come bundled with a host of features including 1-type stacked CMOS sensor, the high-speed shooting of 30fps, shooting 4K videos without crop. The products are available in the market, priced at INR 52 995/U (incl. of all taxes) for PowerShot G7X Mark III and INR 64 995/U (incl. of all taxes) for PowerShot G5X Mark II.
Furthering its commitment to delighting consumers by introducing products that provide best-in-class imaging solutions, Canon India expanded its power-packed G series by introducing the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and the PowerShot G7 X Mark III for the Indian market. The latest additions in Canon’s flagship compact models continue with the series’ heritage, featuring a stellar combination of speed and quality in a lightweight and compact body. The PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III come equipped with a 20.1MP, 1-type stacked CMOS sensor and a wide aperture of f/1.8-f/2.8 with a stunning optical zoom of 5X for the G5 X Mark II and 4.2X for the G7 X Mark III. Both the cameras are powered by Canon’s pioneering DIGIC 8 processor which allows creative expression in stills as well as uncropped 4K videos.
Commenting on the launch of the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and the PowerShot G7 X Mark III, Mr Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO, Canon India said,
“In recent times, photography as an art of expression has gained a lot of traction among users. As one of the enablers in the imaging world, we consider it our responsibility to fuel the creative aspirations of customers. Our iconic PowerShot G series offers powerful imagery and advanced technology in a premium, yet compact form factor. Taking the legacy forward, we are delighted to announce the new entrants to the G series line-up, equipped with new user-friendly functionalities. The new cameras offer large sensors high-quality optics that will surely help fuel creative expression and further our endeavour of fostering the photography culture in India.”
Speaking about the product, Mr Eddie Udagawa, Vice President, Consumer Imaging and Information Centre, Canon India said,
“The PowerShot G5 X Mark II and G7 X Mark III are packed with the latest technology & features, making them an ideal choice for amateur users as well as hobbyists who are looking for a seamless photography & videography device that is both lightweight and easy to use. Both cameras feature large 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensors, the latest DIGIC 8 image processor and uncropped 4K video recording. Additionally, the PowerShot G5 X Mark II features a unique pop-up EVF (electronic view-finder), which is a first in this series, making it even more compact. The G7 X Mark III, on the other hand, features a ‘live streaming’ function that allows streaming of live video content to YouTube – a great tool for vloggers. With both these cameras, we want users to expand their existing capabilities gaining an enhanced creative edge.”
The PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III are available in India now, at a price of INR 64 995/U (incl. of all taxes) and INR 52 995/U (incl. of all taxes) respectively.
Table of Contents
|PowerShot G5 X Mark II||PowerShot G7 Mark III|
|Dimensions:||Approx. 110.9 x 60.9 x 46 mm||Approx. 105 x 60.9 x 41.4 mm|
|Weight:||Approx. 340g||Approx. 304g|
|Optics:||5x, 24 – 120 mm
f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T)
|4.2x, 24 – 100 mm
f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T)
|EVF:||0.39-type, organic EL
Approx. 2.36 million dots
|Image Sensor:||20.1 megapixel 1-type stacked CMOS|
|Image Processor:||DIGIC 8|
|ISO Speed:||125 – 12800
(ISO expansion 25600 equivalent)
|LCD:||3.0-type (approx. 1.04 million dots) tilt-type LCD|
|Movie:||4K no crop, 30p|
|Network:||Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Low Energy Technology|
Key Features of the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III
Stunning image quality in every situation
- Powered by Canon’s DIGIC 8 Processor, the key highlight of the two cameras is the 1-type stacked CMOS sensor, which is larger than sensors found in most compact cameras
- Highlighting the sensor and using an expanded ISO range of up to 25,600, both cameras can capture quality images in any situation, from low contrast scenarios such as outdoors on a cloudy day to high contrast scenarios such as indoors where clarity, details and low image noise are crucial
- With a newly designed f/1.8- 2.8 lens with 24-120mm focal range which provides a 5x zoom (the PowerShot G7 X Mark III has 24-100mm focal range, giving 4.2x zoom), the PowerShot G5 X Mark II is poised to handle anything from shooting portraits to macro close-ups of 0.47x magnification and is excellent for creating shallow depth of field effects
Create Awe-inspiring Movies
- The cameras let users capture 4K movies without a crop, allowing full use of lenses to shoot landscape videos. With 4K movies recorded in motion JPEG, frame grabs are possible, allowing users to review footage and at any given point, extract a moment from the video and save it as a high-quality 8MP JPEG on the camera
- PowerShot G7 X Mark III is equipped with a live streaming function, which supports video streaming from the camera to YouTube (Canon Image Gateway is required). An especially useful feature for vloggers, as long as they are connected to Wi-Fi, they can use the camera just like a smartphone to live stream events
- With a tilting LCD on both cameras, users can shoot from different angles, from the ground up, or from high angles to create videos with a unique point of view
- Pair either one with Canon Tripod Grip HG-100TBR which comes with a Bluetooth wireless remote controller (BR-E1) that provides sturdy support along with convenient zoom operations.
Smooth and fast shooting
- With the new cameras, users can shoot confidently, capturing the perfect frame. Its pre-shoot setting will start shooting at 0.5 seconds before even pressing the shutter release button
- Photographs can be taken at a high speed of 30 shots per second in RAW burst mode (and 20fps in jpeg), making sure users miss nothing
- Using the enhanced focus bracketing on both cameras, users can take images with focus precision. This feature is especially useful while taking macro shots as the depth of field is usually very shallow at very close focus distances
- Focus bracketing also helps in keeping the foreground subject in focus for landscape shots
- Both cameras include a panoramic mode, activated by a simple push of a button. With horizontal or vertical panning, users can easily capture panoramic shots with amazing details in high quality
Intuitive Features and Ergonomic Handling
- With a compact and ergonomic design, both the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III can easily fit into a bag’s pocket, making them an ideal choice for lifestyle users looking for an all-in-one camera for everyday use
- The PowerShot G5 X Mark II, like its predecessor, features a high-resolution 2.36 million-dot electronic viewfinder. It is a pop-up EVF that could be stowed away to avoid adding bulk to its form, a first in the G series. Users can customize the display format of the EVF to their shooting preference
Versatile Charging and Advanced Connectivity
- Both the PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III are capable of USB charging which makes it more convenient for users on the go
- The PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III are packed with connectivity features, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), to effortlessly connect with compatible smart devices with one single tap and switch seamlessly between Wi-Fi and BLE
- Users can use the Canon Camera Connect app to perform network-related features. When paired, you can have the option of sending images from the camera to your smartphone while simultaneously shooting
- When connected, users can also utilize the Remote Live View Shooting feature, which means you can use your smartphone to control the camera to shoot, avoiding camera shakes
Camera Repair Service
In the rare case, service for this camera can be availed in any of the 6 Master Service Centre’s in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Cochin and Kolkata which are owned and operated by Canon. Equipped with state of the art tools and equipment’s that can carry out complex repairs and adjustments. This is complemented by a network of more than 270+ camera collection points across the country so that the brand is accessible to as many customers as possible. The organization currently has a total of 5 ASF level III centres in India covering 5 major cities which includes Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Indore, Pune and Ludhiana.
They also have Extended Warranty known as Canon Care Pack for all their DSLRs, Lenses, Cinema EOS system and Compact Cameras, in order to give customers additional peace of mind post expiry of the standard warranty. Care Pack Services can be availed online through a website.
So guys what do you think about these new cameras from Canon? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”