We’re back in the thick of European conference season. From Gamescom in Cologne to IFA 2019 in Berlin, Dell Technologies has exciting news coming out of both shows!
IFA is the largest consumer tech show in Europe and we expect to see significant news from 4K and OLED TVs to wearables to smartphones. Dell will be showcasing their latest PCs, of course, as the move to thin and light continues across the industry. It’s not only about smaller form factors though – consumers want adaptive, always connected, high-performing, and flawlessly designed PCs and Dell continues to set the bar for the PC industry.
Ahead of IFA, Dell has been expanding their consumer portfolio with brand new form factors and the addition of new 10th Gen Intel Core processors to their current XPS and Inspiron portfolio delivering performance gains needed for compute-intensive, demanding multi-thread workloads, while still handling 4K content efficiently. And in doing so, giving their customers heavyweight performance in thin, light and portable designs i.e. the best of both worlds.
They’ve taken their most beloved and awarded product, the XPS 13, or “one of the best laptops you can buy,” and made it even better. It would be available from August 27th, they’ve added Intel 10th Gen Core U series processors with i7 hexacore models available in October in the existing beautiful form factor, helping the XPS 13 maintain its position as one of the most powerful 13-inch laptops in its class. Whether you’re a binge-watcher or the busy mobile pro on the go, they’ve created the XPS 13 to be one of a kind. With the new Killer AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset, wireless connectivity is three times as fast as the previous generation. Along with Dell CinemaColor and Dolby Vision and an optional 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge display, the XPS 13 will remain eye candy for those glued to their screen.
And in case you missed it, the XPS 13 2-in-1, a COMPUTEX d&i Award winner, is now available for purchase. This 2-in-1 is a symbol of meticulous attention to detail where every decision was driven by customer benefits and a mission to achieve the flawless design. The 2-in-1 is the world’s first Project Athena-verified laptop available with Intel’s new 10th Gen Core, 10-nanometer silicon processors.
With the latest 10th Gen Intel Core processors, they’re also bringing premium materials and performance to the Inspiron line with the introduction of the new Inspiron 14 7000 ultralight laptops. Weighing sub-2.5 lbs. (sub-1.1kg), this impressively portable design was achieved through introducing a lightweight yet remarkably durable magnesium alloy chassis. And with the new lid-open sensor, Connected Modern Standby and fingerprint reader built into the power button, the system signs on securely and start in a flash. Plus, the stylish laptop features all-around narrow borders with 100% sRGB colour coverage, perfect for mobile multitasking. The 4G antennas power WWAN connectivity to keep users online anywhere or anytime.
Additionally, Dell is upgrading many other Inspiron systems with new 10th Gen Intel Core processors, offering performance gains for multi-threaded workloads, including:
- Inspiron 13, 15, 17 7000 2-in-1, first announced at CES 2019 and a Computex Design Innovation Award winner, is now available with the addition of USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 support and in an optional silver chassis.
- Inspiron 14, 15 5000 2-in-1 delivers mobility and expandability with the bonus of an Active Pen compatible touchscreen.
- Inspiron 13 5000 offers a portable and thin form factor with optional mobile broadband for easy connectivity; and two sleek colour options – Platinum Silver and Iced Lilac.
- Inspiron 24 5000 & 27 7000 All-in-One (AIOs) desktops announced at Computex 2019 and are available Friday, August 23. These desktops fit in your living room or dorm room as a simple and attractive entertainment system or TV replacement.
- Inspiron 14, 15 5000 (5490, 5590) is feature-packed, built for reliability and multitasking, and offered in the stylish colour options of Platinum Silver, Iced Lilac, Iced Mint, and Iced Gold (14” only).
- Inspiron 14, 15 5000 (5493, 5494, 5593, 5594) includes a narrow border, FHD anti-glare wide-viewing display and Dell Cinema, perfect for the content-hungry user.
- Inspiron 14, 15, 17 3000 offers optional NVIDIA GeForce MX230 discrete graphics card. The 14 and 15 offer a stylish build for on-the-go tasks, while the 17 is made for the entire family to enjoy throughout the home.
Today’s small business customers care about reliability, security and price and are often wearing many hats. The new Vostro 14 and 15 5000 laptop allows customers to tackle more demanding tasks with the performance benefits of NVIDIA GeForce MX250 discrete graphics. Plus, the TPM 2.0 security chip and optional fingerprint reader keep data secure. They’ve also added their award-winning software, Dell Mobile Connect, so workers can connect their smartphones to their PC for increased efficiency. Overall, the laptop combines critical features into one affordable device small businesses can rely on to get work done.
Finally, they are also integrating 10th generation Intel Core processors within their current Vostro portfolio:
- Vostro 13 5000, a compact, thin design fits into a carry-on; plus, it’s Skype for Business certified for on-the-go work calls.
- Vostro 14, 15 3000 equipped with the hardware-based TPM 2.0 security chip and fingerprint reader integrated into the power button for top security.
So, guys, this was it for the new portfolio by Dell. Do let us know your thoughts about this new laptop lineup in the comments section below! You can also subscribe to Inspire2Rise push notifications and newsletter in order to get more tech updates and leaks on a timely basis!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”