- The new Precision 5550 features a 4-sided InfinityEdge display, advanced thermal innovations and latest 10th Gen Intel Core Processors in a 39.6 cm or 15 inches thin and light frame, combining powerful performance in a stunning design.
- Dell has upgraded the entire Precision family of mobile workstations, designed to handle demanding workloads.
Dell Technologies today announced the launch of the new Precision 5550 mobile workstation in India. The Dell Precision 5000 series support graphics and data-intensive workloads, packing performance into the industry’s smallest and thinnest 39.6 cm or 15-inch mobile workstation design. Developed for professional creators and engineers, it features a stunning 4-sided InfinityEdge 16:10 aspect ratio display and a top bezel infrared camera for maximum screen real estate and an improved video conferencing experience. The Precision family of workstations deliver maximum performance with professional processors, graphics, feature massive memory and expansive storage options.
Table of Contents
A mobile workstation that offers mission-critical reliability and more power in a smaller design
The minimized footprint, borders and bezels offer an enhanced viewing experience. It perfectly balances power, style and mobility in a beautifully-designed thin and light package weighing 1.84 kilograms with a 92% display/body ratio. With the latest 10th Gen Intel Core and Xeon (up to 8-cores) processors combined with up to NVIDIA Quadro T2000 (4GB) graphics; the Precision 5550 workstation can handle applications for 3D design and modelling, simulation & analysis, rendering etc. with ease.
The Precision 5550 comes with Dell Optimizer for Precision software – the AI-based performance optimizer software that automatically tunes the workstation using machine learning, delivering ExpressResponse for optimized application performance and ExpressCharge for faster battery charging.
Vivekanand Manjeri, Brand Director, Client Solutions Group, Dell Technologies India, said,
“Customers across industries with design-intensive workloads will find value in the Precision 5550 mobile workstations. From fast rendering to detailed visualizations and complex simulations, the Precision 5550 is a perfect combination of power and style, with the latest hardware and software components, thermal innovations and intelligent features, Creative users across industries will appreciate this workstation.”
Dell Precision 5550 features:
- Elegant design – The Precision 5550 is 6% smaller than the previous generation and is a perfect balance of performance and elegance. With an amazing 92% display to body ratio and the lightweight combination of aluminium and carbon fibre, it delivers a stunning 39.6 cm mobile workstation experience for designers and creators
- Ground-breaking Innovation – Designed to impress with a 105% larger touchpad as compared to the previous generation, IR camera at the top of the bezel and blue light sensor
- A vibrant and visually stunning experience – It boasts of up to HDR400, 4-sided InfinityEdge, 16:10 aspect ratio display, as well as diamond cut sidewalls and machined speaker grills. It also offers the Dell PremierColor Software for desired colour accuracy
- Seamless reliability – Precision workstations are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certification is the result of precise engineering and rigorous testing to optimize performance and reliability to run leading industry applications.
- Keep the system running cool and quiet– Advanced thermal cooling helps power through processor-hungry professional programs by enabling the processor to stay in increased frequency turbo modes longer
- Intelligence that matches yours – Dell Optimizer for Precision is a built-in AI platform that adapts to users’ preferences to create a smarter, personalized and productive experience. With AI-based features like ExpressResponse, ExpressCharge and intelligent Audio, the AI improves battery life, performance levels and refines the overall sound experience
- Ports for demanding professional software – Features 2 Type C Thunderbolt ports for superfast data transfers
- Enhanced security – Users can close the shutter to physically block the camera or open it when they want to during video conference or take photos
- Dell Reliable Memory Technology Pro – Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro protects the PC from potential crashes. Dell’s exclusive, RMT Pro works in conjunction with error-correcting code (ECC) memory to detect and correct memory errors in real-time
The Precision 5550 compliments the broader Dell Precision workstation portfolio, built for professionals across Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, Oil & Gas, Architecture Engineering & Construction, Banking and Financial Services industries.
Dell has reengineered its industry-leading Precision workstation portfolio, designed to handle demanding workloads like intensive graphics processing, data analysis and CAD modelling. With smaller footprints, sleek designs, and thermal innovations, the new Precision mobile workstations deliver increased performance and ISV certifications with professional graphics from NVIDIA and the latest 10th Gen Intel Core vPro and Xeon processors.
The newly refreshed 3000, 5000 and 7000 Precision mobile workstations series ensures power seekers can create and crunch data on-the-go. The refreshed tower and rack workstations can run complex applications such as interactive design, analysis, data science, artificial intelligence and VR/AR and are ideal for workspaces of different styles and sizes.
Pricing and availability
- The Dell Precision 5550 workstation starts at Rs.1,29,999, excluding GST.
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”