Fujifilm X-A7 camera launched in India, a Vlogging Delight!
Comes with AF capable of tracking a fast-moving subject & detecting face/eye at high speed and accuracy!
The X A7 comes with AF capable of tracking a fast-moving subject and detecting face/eye at high speed and accuracy. Features highest-quality 4K video and a large bright rear LCD monitor for excellent operability!
Fujifilm India Private Limited, a pioneer in imaging technologies, announced the launch of FUJIFILM X-A7, in India today. The new addition to the X Series range of compact and the lightweight mirrorless digital camera offers an outstanding image quality with the company’s unique colour reproduction technology.
Sporting a retro and stylish design, the compact X-A7 weighs 320g and offers a host of features including the newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor. The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout and features phase detection pixels across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This enables AF tracking of a moving subject as well as Face/Eye detection with ease.
Adding to these features, X-A7 boasts a smooth recording of 4K/30fps video and high-speed video, making it a perfect camera for vloggers who want to step-up their photography from smartphone pictures. The camera offers a broad range of features from casual snapshots of everyday scenes to travel photography and full-fledged photographic creations. The X-A7 includes features beyond a smartphone’s reach by offering 3.5-inch LCD monitor with a maximum luminous intensity of approx. 1,000 candelas to guarantee intuitive operability on the rear panel. Furthermore, this is the first X Series model that features a “vari-angle” monitor and allows users to adjust it any angle. It can be used in conjunction with the Portrait Enhancer Mode for self-portraits of advanced quality.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt Ltd. said,
“India is an evolving market and so are the demands and expectations of our customers. As one of the enablers in the imaging world, we always strive to introduce technology that strengthens our capabilities, while allowing our users to effortlessly click and share. We are thrilled to announce the launch of X-A7, the latest addition to the X Series line-up that offers cutting-edge technology and is packed with unique features. The latest model is a perfect companion for travel photographers as well as Vloggers to refine their photography experience and is yet another landmark product in Fujifilm’s mirrorless range.”
Elaborating about the product, Mr. Arun Babu, General Manager Electronic Imaging and Optical Device, Fujifilm India Pvt Ltd, said,
“At Fujifilm India, we take pride in providing innovative technology to our customers by creating products that enhance their experience. The newly launched X-A7 offers latest technology & features, making it an ideal choice for vloggers who are looking for a compact yet an advanced photography & videography device. With the launch of this camera, we want users to expand their existing capabilities to gain an enhanced creative edge.”
Table of Contents
Price and Availability:
The new X-A7 is available in five colour variants- Silver, Camel, Dark Silver, Mint Green and Navy Blue. The camera will be available with an XC 15-45mm lens kit at an MRP of INR 59,999.
Innovative features of Fujifilm’s X-A7
Newly-developed image sensor delivers a premium image quality and outstanding AF performance.
- The X-A7 features a newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor. Combined with Fujifilm’s unique colour reproduction technology, accumulated over 80 years, the sensor produces vibrant colours in what Fujifilm calls “memory colours,” exactly as the users remember them to achieve photography of premium image quality.
- The quality of images taken at high ISO sensitivity has been improved over that of the current model*4. The sensor delivers clear images with low noise even at the ultra-high sensitivity of ISO51200, which is particularly useful when shooting a fast-moving subject or in low light conditions.
- The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout and features about 8.5 times more phase-detection pixels than the current model*** across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This not only enhances AF tracking of a moving subject and Face / Eye detecting AF performance but also allows users to attain fast and accurate autofocus even in low light.
- Increased data readout speed also significantly reduces the rolling shutter distortion*4, often observed when shooting a fast-moving subject.
***Referring to the FUJIFILM X-A5 mirrorless digital camera
*4A distortion to a subject when shooting with an electronic shutter
A stylish camera body weighing just 320g and capable of shooting approx. 440 frames per charge!
- The X-A7’s stylish camera body weighs just 320g, which is about 41g lighter than the current model***. When combined with its kit lens, FUJINON Lens XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ, the weight comes to just 455g, offering great portability.
- Its energy-efficient design allows users to take approx. 440 frames*5 per charge. Users can take the camera out for travel or many hours to shoot snapshots of day-to-day scenes without caring about the remaining battery.
*5Capable of shooting 440 frames per charge when “Economy” is selected in the Performance Mode, and approx. 270 frames per charge in “Standard”
Enhanced video recording functions
- The X-A7 reads data from all the pixels on the sensor and uses the ample information equivalent to 6K to produce 4K video, with no cropping.
- It is capable of recording smooth 4K/30fps video, twice the frame rate of the current model***, and can record at 60fps in full-HD and HD video modes.
- The camera records up to about 15 minutes of 4K video and up to about 30 minutes of full-HD and HD video continuously.
- This is the first X Series camera to feature the “Countdown Video” mode, in which the users can specify the duration of the video to be filmed from the options of 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds.
- The HD High-Speed Video function records HD video at up to 4x frame rate to achieve smooth video even when replaying a fast-moving subject in slow motion.
- The camera comes with a 3.5MM jack converter supplied in the box.
Bright and large rear-panel LCD monitor for excellent operability
- The X-A7 features a large 3.5-inch LCD monitor with the wide aspect ratio of 16:9 on its rear panel. It provides a touch-response performance equivalent to or better than that of smartphones in general, enabling easy camera operation. Furthermore, a new “Smart Menu”, which enables intuitive operation, allows users to adjust shooting settings with ease while checking the picture’s brightness, bokeh level, Film Simulation effect and aspect ratio on the screen.
- The camera comes with a different screen aspect ratio (3:2, 16:9, 4:3, 1:1)
- The rear LCD monitor boasts the maximum luminous intensity of approx. 1,000 candelas for a high degree of visibility. Users can clearly check the subject on the screen even on a bright sunny day outside.
- This is the first X Series model that features a “vari-angle” monitor that users can adjust to any angles. It makes it easy to shoot from high- and low-angles and can be rotated to shoot self-portraits. It can also be used in conjunction with the Portrait Enhancer Mode for self-portraits of advanced quality.
Diverse shooting modes to facilitate your photographic creativity
- “Bright Mode” has been added to the Advanced SR Auto function, designed to automatically select the optimum shooting settings. Fujifilm’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology is fully utilized to produce brighter and more vivid pictures.
- For the first time in the X Series, the X-A7 offers “Light Trails” as a “Scene Position” mode for selecting the ideal camera settings for the chosen scene. This option uses a long exposure to capture trails of light, e.g. car’s headlight. The shooting progress can be checked in the Live View mode as users enjoy the magical effect.
Reinforced connectivity and connection stability with smartphones and tablet devices
- With the use of the Bluetooth® Low Energy technology, the X-A7 can automatically transfer stills and videos to a pre-paired smartphone or tablet device via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app for smartphones and tablet devices. The enhanced connectivity and connection stability enable easy and instant sharing of your favourite photos on social media.
- The X-A7 also supports wired*6 data communications with smartphones and tablet devices. The wired data communication can transfer data about 8 times faster than in the wireless, significantly reducing the time required to send large data, e.g. video files, to your device.
So guys this was all about the X-A7 camera by Fujifilm. Would you be interested in this camera or in buying this camera? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
You can also subscribe to the Inspire2rise newsletter in order to receive more timely tech updates and leaks. You can subscribe to our push notifications too for more stuff delivered right to your browser!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”
Follow Inspire2rise on Twitter. | Follow Inspire2rise on Facebook. | Follow Inspire2rise on YouTube.