YouTube is the world’s most used video website. The average person who uses internet visits YouTube at least once in his normal browsing session. It has a wide variety of content to suit every person’s needs. Often we need to use YouTube videos in our own projects by embedding them, sharing them or including them in our own posts and projects. Often it happens to us that we need a high quality thumbnail for the YouTube video we have and it becomes a daunting task to make a thumbnail manually by either taking a screenshot while the video is playing or through some other method. So what if there was a easy way to get thumbnails from YouTube videos? Worry not folks today we at Inspire2rise will tell you how to get thumbnails from a YouTube video the easy way!
See more: How to get rid of Social Media Addiction
Table of Contents
How to get thumbnails from a YouTube video: Understand the basics.
YouTube stores all of its thumbnails for a video on a specific URL structure. The thumbnail URL structure for any YouTube video is as given below.
- To get normal thumbnails of the video i.e. low resolution thumbnails.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/1.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/2.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/3.jpg
Use any of the above URLs to get the different thumbnails of the video in question.
- For medium sized thumbnails of the selected YouTube video.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/0.jpg
- For high resolution thumbnails of the selected YouTube video.
http://img.youtube.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/hqdefault.jpg
- For maximum resolution thumbnails of the selected YouTube video.
http://img.youtube.com/vi/ID of YouTube video/maxresdefault.jpg
As you can see in all of the above URL structures there’s a need to input the video ID of the YouTube video. You can find it simply by inspecting the URL of any YouTube video. The parameter v has a value in the URL and that is the video id.
So that was all you needed to know about how to get thumbnails from a YouTube video. If you have any doubts or want to say something then do comment here, we will solve your issues.
Keep visiting for more how to articles, guides and remember we cover, “Everything under the Sun!”
Stay Inspired to rise fellas!
- How to setup short domain for WordPress posts
- How to install Genesis framework on a WordPress site
- How to compress large video files without losing quality
- How to memorialize a Facebook profile
- How to transfer blog from one host to another without downtime