Ola, one of India’s largest mobility platform and one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies today released trend data which suggests that people across the country travelled over 20 million kilometres on the eve of 31st December. The data unravel usage trends that suggest people prioritised visiting family, friends and celebrating the New Year in close intimate groups over commercial party venues in the city, as they welcomed the new decade.
Table of Contents
Key trends from the data include:
- People in India travelled over 20 mn kilometres on the Ola platform
- 30% of total bookings originated and culminated at Airports, suggesting that people preferred visiting family, friends and taking vacations for their New Year celebrations
- House parties took precedence this year as more number of rides originated and culminated in residential areas as compared to last year; on an average, there has been a 20% increase in the number of people attending house parties this year
- Going out for a party: Bangalore registered a comparatively higher number of trips to and from party areas, taking up 23% of all trips on NYE. This was followed by Mumbai (22%), and Delhi NCR (20%). City-wise insights below.
- On average, people stepped out for parties between 7:30 – 8:30 PM, with the most number of booking requests coming in at this time.
- People wrapped up parties early this year with the most number of booking requests coming in between 12:30 AM to 1:30 AM.
Top party hotspots:
|Bangalore||Koramangala, Whitefield, CBD|
|Chennai||Nungambakkam, Mt. Road, Beaches|
|Delhi NCR||Cyber Hub Gurgaon, Connaught Place,|
|Pune||Koregaon Park, Viman Nagar, Kalyani Nagar|
|Mumbai||Andheri, Juhu, Powai|
|Kolkata||Park Street, Salt Lake, Jadavpur|
|Hyderabad||Madhapur, Gachibowli, Jubilee Hills|
Speaking on Ola’s various initiatives on New Year’s Eve, Arun Srinivas, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Ola, said,
“This New Year’s Eve 2019 was one of our busiest evenings in the last year and millions of users chose Ola as their default choice of mobility. With enhanced availability on the platform, we were able to cater to the high demand through the night. We thank our 2 million+ driver-partners for their efforts in ferrying citizens safely back home in the New Year.”
He further added,
“We have also received a phenomenal response from citizens on our various initiatives like Ola Guardian, Safety Scouts and Quick Response Teams that were deployed on the occasion. We would like to thank various city police authorities across the country for their collaboration and their video-messages to drivers with tips for safe driving on New Year’s Eve. We are committed to innovating and building an enhanced mobility experience for our cities and Citizens in the year ahead!”
Ola introduced several initiatives to enable a safe mobility experience ahead of the busy holiday season. This included rolling out its AI-enabled safety feature ‘Guardian’ across 16 Indian cities. Further, Ola collaborated with local authorities in various cities to issue safety guidelines to driver-partners who took a pledge to safely ferry citizens back home. Going beyond platform safety measures, Ola also deployed ‘Safety Scouts’ and ‘Quick Response Teams’ to support citizens on the ground.
So guys did you get the chance to properly party this year? Or were you like a lot of Indians cramped indoors due to the Cold Wave? Do let us know your experience in the comments section below! Feel free to subscribe to our push notifications and our newsletter in order to receive more timely tech updates and leaks etc.
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”