Facebook Notes was a feature that allowed users to create blog entries with various formats and link them to their profiles and pages on the social media platform. However, in October 2020, Facebook announced that they would be removing the feature.
It was a Facebook strategic flip-flop which means that users can no longer Create and Edit notes on Facebook and any published notes will remain on the user’s timeline, but any unpublished drafts will be deleted.
Table of Contents
How to Recover your old notes on Facebook?
You will need to be logged in to your account to access your notes on Facebook.
Once you’re logged in, click on your profile picture at the top.
You will find the option called “Your Facebook information” at the top of the left side under Settings, Click on it.
You can find there the notes you made before the feature was removed.
That’s it! Following these steps will allow you to easily find and manage your Facebook notes in 2023.
You might want to download all notes you want to keep as there’s no certainty how long Facebook will allow you to access notes. Facebook has disabled the note services because they did not like you linking other web pages that lead users out of its platform.
Update September 2023: It seems like even when someone follows all the required steps and clicks on the “Notes” link all it does is open up the “Activity Log” page. This makes it seem like Facebook has finally completely gotten rid of the Notes feature. In case we find a way to access our old notes again we will update this article with that method. Trust me, we are as disappointed as you are. (Editor’s Note: I lost 3 poems I wrote in 2012 because of this feature being sunset suddenly.)
In late 2023, there’s another working method as suggested by one of our users in the comments below. Big shout out to @Greggen!!
To obtain a copy of your Facebook notes, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook settings by clicking on the tiny circle profile picture in the top right corner of the site.
- Click on ‘Settings & Privacy’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the left-hand menu, click on ‘Download Profile Information’.
- Choose the profile for which you want to download notes.
- Select the types of information you wish to download. To download only your notes, choose ‘Other Activity’.
- Set the date range to ‘All Time’. This will ensure that all of your notes are included in the download.
- Confirm that you want to download your data by clicking on the ‘Download’ button.
- Wait for your browser to receive the zip file containing your Facebook notes.
Alternatively, if you prefer to transfer your notes to another platform such as Google Docs or Dropbox, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to your Facebook settings and click on ‘Transfer a Copy of your Information’.
- Select ‘Google Docs’ as the destination service.
- Uncheck all of the boxes except for ‘Notes’ to specify that you only want to transfer your notes.
- Follow the prompts to authenticate both your Facebook and Google accounts.
- Confirm that you want to initiate the transfer process.”
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Keep visiting for more such excellent posts, internet tips, and gadget reviews, and remember we cover, “Everything under the Sun!”