Today, many individuals rely heavily on their Phones to stay connected with loved ones, find leisure activities, conduct business affairs, and perform other tasks that make everyday living easier and more enjoyable.
Although many Phones come equipped with impressive battery technology, all good things must come to an end, and at some point, your Phone’s battery health too eventually deteriorates. When this happens, it may be time to check the battery’s health.
And first, we will discuss how to check the battery health of your iPhone.
Table of Contents
How to check your iPhone’s battery health?
Examine the condition of your iPhone’s battery.
- Go to the “Settings” option > then head to “Battery” then to “Battery Health & Charging“.
iPhone displays data on your battery’s capacity, peak performance, and whether it needs to be serviced.
View your battery usage data:
Navigate to Settings > Battery. and Check Insights and suggestions:
The insights and ideas area is very helpful because it provides information about the situations or usage patterns that lead your iPhone to consume energy, as well as suggestions for reducing energy consumption.
If a recommendation appears, tap it to get to the appropriate setting and make the necessary modifications to reduce battery usage.
Use Apple’s Battery Health Feature:
If you have an iPhone 6 or later, Apple’s latest iOS releases have a battery health feature. This function provides precise information about the health of your battery, such as maximum capacity and peak performance potential.
To use this functionality, go through the following steps:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Select Battery.
- Select Battery Health.
- You will be able to examine your maximum capacity as well as your peak performance potential.
The maximum capacity of your battery is a measure of its overall capacity in comparison to when it was new. If your maximum capacity is less than 80%, it may be time to replace your battery.
The peak performance capability indicates whether or not your iPhone’s performance is limited owing to battery health. If your peak performance potential is less than 100%, the performance of your iPhone may suffer.
Check the Battery Wear Level:
There are many battery health apps available on the App Store that can provide you with more detailed information about your battery health. One such app is Battery Life Doctor. This app provides you with information about your battery wear level, which is a measure of how much your battery has deteriorated over time.
To check your battery wear level, follow these steps:
- Download and install Battery Life Doctor from the App Store.
- Allow the app to access your battery health by opening it.
- You will see information on the state of your battery.
Check Charge Cycles:
The amount of charge cycles your iPhone has gone through is another element that can damage its battery health. A charge cycle is the process of charging your iPhone from 0% to 100% capacity.
Follow these procedures to determine the number of charge cycles on your iPhone:
- From the App Store, download and install Battery Life Doctor.
- Open the app and give it permission to check the state of your battery.
- You’ll get data regarding your battery cycles.
If your iPhone has been charged more than 500 times, it may be time to replace the battery.
Additional Tips for iPhones
If the above methods don’t work then here are some additional tips.
The last charged information area tells you how completely charged your battery was and when it was disconnected. This might help you understand how long your battery generally lasts and how much it will drain over a certain length of time.
Battery Level graph (in the Last 24 Hours):
In the last 24 hours segment, the battery level graph displays the battery level, charging intervals, and times when your iPhone was in Low Power Mode when the battery was dangerously low. This might assist you in determining how much battery you’re using and when you may need to charge your smartphone.
Battery Usage Graph (in the Last 10 Days):
In the last 10 days section, the battery usage graph indicates the percentage of battery consumed each day. This might help you spot any patterns in your battery usage, such as days when you consume more battery than usual.
The Activity graph displays your activity over time, broken down by whether the screen was turned on or off. This graph will assist you in determining when your iPhone was in use and how long the screen was on.
Screen On and Screen Off:
The Screen On and Screen Off section displays the entire activity for the given time interval, including when the screen was on and off. The Last 10 Days view displays the average per day, which can assist you in understanding how frequently you use your iPhone and how this impacts your battery life.
Battery Usage by App:
The Battery Usage by App section displays the percentage of the battery utilised by each app within the chosen time interval. This section might assist you in determining which apps consume the most battery life and adjusting your usage accordingly.
Activity by App:
The Activity by App section displays the amount of time each app was utilised during the time interval you specified.
And now, we will take you through a step-by-step process on Android
How to check your Android battery health?
You can take matters into your own hands and check the health of your battery with ease.
Check Battery Health in Settings
You can also check the battery health of your Android device if it is running Android 10 or later by navigating to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage. To check the health of your battery, use the following settings:
- Open your Android device’s settings app.
- Scroll down to “Battery” and click it.
- Once you’re in the Battery section look for an option such as Battery usage.
- The current battery capacity and the original battery capacity are shown here.
- You can also view your battery status for the last 24 hours as well as which apps have been using the most power.
Check Battery Health with Dialer Code (Optional)
The first step in determining the status of your Android device’s battery is to dial the dialer code.
To check the health of your battery, use the dialer code as follows:
- Launch the dialer app on your Android device.
- Dial ##4636##.
- This will launch the device’s testing menu. Choose “Battery information” from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the “Health” section to determine your device’s battery status. Battery health is typically expressed as a percentage.
Note: If you are unable to see the option then it won’t work on your device.
Use Third-Party Apps
Download and install a third-party app like AccuBattery on your Android phone for a more in-depth study.
- To begin, download the AccuBattery app from the Google Play Store and install it on your device.
- Allow Permission to the app
- When you launch the app, you will see four tabs: Charging, Discharging, Health, and History.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select the Health tab. You may see your battery’s health condition as a percentage in this section.
This was an exhaustive list of options that you can use in order to find the battery health status of your phone or iPhone. Do let us know if you run into any errors in the comments section below!
So guys, if you liked this post and wish to receive more tech stuff delivered daily, don’t forget to subscribe to the Inspire2Rise newsletter to obtain more timely tech news, updates and more!