Grand Theft Auto 5 was released this year for the PC platform and since then it’s one of the favorite games of many PC gamers. I too spend a lot of my free time (which is almost scarce these days) playing this game. Nothing beats stress like just walking around Los Santos city and stealing people’s cars and driving all over them. But still this experience is limited to people who have a lot of money to spend on good systems or have a really decent laptop. This makes the whole point of having such a great game readily accessible really worthless. So guys today on Inspire2rise we will tell you how to improve GTA 5 performance on Windows, the game is pretty heavy. When fully extracted it sits north of 68 GB which is a really huge size. In this post we will tell you software as well as hardware related ways to improve your GTA 5 performance on your PC or Laptop.
Table of Contents
Hardware Tips on how to improve GTA 5 performance on Windows
Hardware upgrades are a sure shot way to improve the gaming performance and to increase FPS of GTA 5 on your system. I had a 4 GB RAM on my laptop and recently upgraded it to 8 GB. Now I find less skipping of frames and overall game-play is much smoother. So here’s a list of all the upgrades you can do in order to boost your gaming performance.
- Memory upgrade. Increase the amount of available RAM by buying additional memory module. But don’t forget to check how much maximum amount of RAM your system supports.
- Processor upgrade. This is one of the most difficult things but can surely have the greatest impact on your gaming performance. Do check your Motherboard details online to find out which is the best processor supported by that particular model.
- Upgrade your hard disk. In case you have a hard disk with low rotation speed (RPM) then you can upgrade it for better performance. Even better would be to use a SSD to improve the gaming performance. Solid State drives have really fast access times and read/write times but they are costly. A 256 GB SSD by Transcend costs around 120$ plus (prices keep changing online).
- Get a better graphics card. This is the most obvious thing that you can do in order to boost performance. But in the case of most laptops this can’t be done as they don’t come with the option to upgrade your GPU apart from using the internal GPU provided by default in the laptop.
These were all of the hardware upgrades which have a definitive impact on the in game performance while playing GTA 5. But all these ways involve expenditure of money. Now we will tell you the software methods regarding how to improve GTA 5 performance on Windows.
Software Tips for improving GTA 5 performance on Windows
There are a lot of reasons as to why this game or any other game is not running on its peak performance on your system. We will tell you all of those methods which will help you to achieve noticeable frame rate gains for game play.
- Switch your battery profile mode to “High Performance” mode if you are gaming on your laptop. Right click on the battery icon in task-bar, go to “Power options” and then select High performance mode.
- Keep your GTA 5 installed files in a different partition than your system partition. This speeds up the access time but only by a minor degree.
- When you start the game then after the initial screen press Alt + tab and return to Windows. Now open up task Manager. End the process “GTA 5 launcher.exe”, set the priority of the process “Explorer.exe” to below normal and set the priority of the process “GTA 5.exe” to High priority or Real-time.
- In the “Game settings” lower down your resolution, set everything to normal or off in order to have better in game performance. There’s always a trade-off between visual quality and performance. You have to lower down everything to a playable level where you enjoy the game-play yet the graphics don’t look displeasing to you.
- If you have Nvidia Graphics card then go to the Nvidia settings panel and set the graphics settings to “Performance” rather than the “Balanced” or the “Quality” settings.
So guys and gals these were few of the software as well as the hardware tips we know which will help you to improve GTA 5 performance on Windows. In case you know more then do share them with us, a better game-play experience is something that everyone deserves!
Keep visiting for more such tips and tricks, gadget reviews, internet news, lifestyle tips, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”
Stay Inspired to rise fellas!
Read more related to Games on Inspire2rise: