HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has today announced the new Nokia 2.2, delivering sophisticated AI-powered low light imaging and Google Assistant at the press of a button, all at a truly astonishing price. Nokia 2.2 is the first 2 series Nokia smartphone to be part of the Android One programme, delivering the latest full Android experience on a modern 5.7” screen with a discreet selfie-notch. Shipping with Android 9 Pie, Nokia 2.2 is Android Q ready and will receive two years of OS upgrades and three years of monthly security updates, ensuring access to all the latest innovations from Android. Read on for detailed Nokia 2.2 specifications and price details in India!
Table of Contents
Nokia official product statements
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global, said:
“We believe that the latest and greatest innovations in the industry should be available for everyone. With the Nokia 2.2, we’ve brought the pinnacle of AI experiences to more people than ever before. And including features like biometric face unlock with liveliness detection adding extra security to your phone, AI imaging, Google Lens and Google Assistant at the press of a button, we aim to revolutionise the way our fans interact with the phone. Nokia 2.2 joins our Android One family, and like all Nokia smartphones, offers an experience that stays fresh longer. With two years of OS updates and three years of monthly security updates guaranteed, Nokia 2.2 is Android Q ready and will just keep getting better.”
Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head – India, HMD Global, said:
“Nokia 2.2 is the most accessible smartphone in the India market today that gives you the promise of Android One and brings you the best and most secure Android experience, one that gets better over time. I’m happy to share that Nokia 2.2 is being announced in India first globally and we’re not stopping at that. To ensure that fans from across India can get ahead with the experience of Nokia 2.2, we are bringing an extremely attractive limited time offer price of INR 6,999 for the 2/16GB storage variant and INR 7,999 for the 3/32GB storage variant till June 30th 2019. I encourage fans to avail this special offer price and get ahead with Nokia 2.2.”
Nokia 2.2 smartphone experience:
- Launching with Android 9 Pie, you benefit from the most up-to-date smartphone experience. AI-powered Adaptive Battery helps the battery last longer by adapting to your usage behaviour.
- First 2-series Nokia smartphone to be a part of the Android One family, delivering on our Android promise of 2 years of OS upgrades and 3 years of monthly security updates.
- Nokia smartphones deliver the best and the latest Google experiences across the portfolio – Nokia 2.2 is Android Q ready.
- With clean and clutter free UI, no unwanted apps take up storage space and no extra UI layers slow the experience down.
Nokia 2.2 specifications: AI imaging technology at an affordable price
- Capture great shots even in dimmer conditions: AI-powered low light image fusion captures multiple images simultaneously and through advanced algorithms creates a single image with more light and less noise. HDR photography allows you to capture vivid colours with greater dynamic range.
- Perfect selfies with “Beautify” feature, allowing you to enhance your natural features and show your brightest side. AI low-light image fusion also works with the selfie camera for bright selfies even in low-light conditions.
- Biometric face-unlock with liveliness detection for added security.
The fastest way to your Google Assistant
- One press for instant access to your own personal Google Assistant with a dedicated button. Ask it questions, get directions, make calls and tell the device to do things faster than ever before.
Design that stays fresh
- Modern 5.71” HD+ edge-to-edge display with selfie-notch.
- Made of inherently coloured polycarbonate with Glossy nano-coating, Nokia 2.2 can handle everyday bumps with ease.
Key Nokia 2.2 specifications
- SKU 1 (ROW): GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA: B1, B5, B8; LTE: B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B20, B28, B38, B40, B41 (120MHz)
- SKU 2 (LATAM): GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA: B1, B2, B4, B5, B8; LTE: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12,B17, B28
- SKU 3 (INDIA): GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA B1, B5, B8; LTE: B1, B3, B5, B8, B40, B41 (120MHz)
- NETWORK SPEED: CAT4
- OS: Android 9 Pie, Android One
- CPU: MediaTek Helio A22, 4xA53 cores 2Hhz
- MEMORY: 2 GB or 3 GB DDR4 RAM, 16 GB or 32 GB ROM2, MicroSD support up to 400 GB
- DISPLAY: 5.71” 19:9 HD+ with selfie-notch, 400 nits
- CAMERA: Rear – 13MP AF 1/3” 1.12um f/2.2; single LED flash, Front – 5MP FF
- CAMERA FEATURES: HDR, panorama, low light enhancement, time lapse, Beautify, Google Lens
- CONNECTIVITY: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz; Bluetooth 4.2;, Micro USB; USB OTG; 3.5mm audio jack
- SENSORS: Accelerometer; ambient light sensor; proximity sensor
- BATTERY3: 3000mAh; 5W charging
- SIM: Nano, SS & DS
- OTHERS: Google Assistant button, Xpress-on covers, face unlock, FM radio
- DIMENSIONS: 145.96 x 70.56 x 9.3mm
- WEIGHT: 153g
- Colours available: Steel, Tungsten black.
Nokia 2.2 box contents include:
- Nokia 2.2
- Charging/data cable
- Quick start guide
Nokia 2.2 Availability and launch Offers:
The Nokia 2.2 is available in Tungsten Black and Steel at an attractive limited time offer price of INR 6,999 for the 2/16GB storage variant and INR 7,999 for the 3/32GB storage variant till June 30th, 2019.
After the limited time offer price ends, Nokia 2.2 will be available at a recommended best buy price of INR 7,699 for the 2/16GB storage variant and INR 8,699 for the 3/32GB storage variant.
The smartphone will be available pan-India across top mobile retail outlets and online on Flipkart and Nokia.com/phones starting 11th June 2019.
Consumers can pre-book on Nokia.com/phones starting from 6th June to 10th June. 5 lucky consumers will get 100% cashback on their purchase during this period. Terms and conditions apply. Visit: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_in/nokia-2 to pre-book.
Jio subscribers on Nokia 2.2 will get instant cashback of INR 2,200 along with 100 GB additional data, making digital life more accessible. Cashback and additional data offer will be applicable on recharge of INR 198 and INR 299. Instant cashback of INR 2,200 will be credited in the form of 44 discount coupons of INR 50 each, in the MyJio App of an eligible Jio subscriber.
So guys what do you think? Has Nokia finally released a good product under the 10K INR price bracket? Or are the compromises done on this to achieve the low pricing not really that appreciable! Do let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”