The Spotify Wrapped campaign has launched today, and the in-app personalised user experience is available to the audio streaming platform’s listeners and creators for the fourth year in India. Spotify has also unveiled the top artists, songs, albums, and podcasts that made up the vibrant kaleidoscope of its 45.6 crore listeners around the world. This year’s Wrapped is both a celebration of a year gone by and an invitation to join in on the fun, encouraging listeners to peer into the diversity of their listening and show it off to the world through features that spotlight the many-layered elements that make them unique.
Here’s what India streamed the most this year:
Table of Contents
- Singer-composer Arijit Singh remains the most streamed artist on Spotify in India for the third year in a row, followed by Pritam at #2, A.R. Rahman at #3, Anirudh Ravichander at #4, and Shreya Ghoshal at #5. The other top artists include:
- #6 AP Dhillon
- #7 Tanishk Bagchi
- #8 Sidhu Moose Wala
- #9 Devi Sri Prasad
- #10 Sid Sriram
- “Excuses” by AP Dhillon, Intense, Gurinder Gill is the most streamed song on Spotify in India, with over 19 crore streams in 2022. The other top tracks include:
- #2 “Pasoori” by Shae Gill, Ali Sethi, Zulfiqar Jabbar Khan, Abdullah Siddiquii
- #3 “Kesariya” by Pritam, Arijit Singh, Amitabh Bhattacharya
- #4 “No Love” by Shubh
- #5 “Chaand Baaliyan” by Aaditya A
- #6 “Raataan Lambiyan” by Tanishk Baagchi, Jubin Nautiyal, Asees Kaur
- #7 “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- #8 “Tu Aake Dekhle” by KING, Arpan Kumar
- #9 “Arabic Kuthu – Halamithi Habibo” by Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi, Sivakarthikeyan
- #10 “Ranjha” by Jasleen Royal, B Praak, Anvita Dutta, Romy
- Sidhu Moosewala’s “Moosetape” is the most streamed album by Spotify listeners in India, followed by “Shershaah”, AP Dhillon’s “Hidden Gems”, “Kabir Singh”, and Pritam’s “Brahmastra”. The other albums that made it to the top 10 list include:
- #6 “Beast” by Anirudh Ravichander
- #7 “Vikram” by Anirudh Ravichander
- #8 “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” by Pritam
- #9 “Thiruchitrambalam” by Anirudh Ravichander, Dhanush, Vivek
- #10 “Aashiqui 2” by Mithoon, Ankit Tiwari, Jeet Gannguli
- This year’s most popular editorial playlist on Spotify in India is Hot Hits Hindi, followed by more than 11 lac listeners. Punjabi 101, Latest Tamil, Hot Hits Tamil, and Bollywood Mush are the other much-loved playlists.
- The Sex Podcast by Leeza Mangaldas is the most streamed podcast on Spotify in India this year, followed by The Mythpat Podcast, The Ranveer Show, Chanakya Niti, and On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Other podcasts that made it to the top 10 list include:
- #6 Naallanaa Murukku – The RJ Balaji Podcast
- #7 The Joe Rogan Experience
- #8 The Ranveer Show Hindi
- #9 Dear Teenage Me
- #10 Ajay Bhalla
- Of the 10 podcasts, 7 are Spotify-exclusive podcasts and span Hindi, English, and Tamil content.
Check out the top lists for global Wrapped on Spotify’s website. For even more on the top lists of 2022, check out Spotify’s For the Record blog.
2022 Wrapped Features
Starting today, eligible users can access their personalised 2022 Wrapped experience exclusively in the Spotify mobile app (iOS and Android) on the 2022 Wrapped hub. Please make sure your Spotify app is updated to the latest version (8.7.78 on iOS ) to access. The experience will begin rolling out to users globally at 6.30 PM IST. In the experience, we’re providing fans with some of their favourite Wrapped features like their top artists, songs, albums, podcasts, and genres, plus a slate of new ways to discover and celebrate their year in listening. Here’s what to look out for:
- New Data Stories to Express Your Year in Audio: In addition to your top artists, genres, songs, podcasts and minutes listened, Your Listening Personality is a new, playful feature that not only tells you about the music you listen to but what that says about your music taste. Fans will learn which of 16 different Spotify-created Listening Personality types they are, based on their 2022 listening trends. Additionally, Audio Day is an interactive story that gives you a peek into how your music taste evolves throughout the day. Check out Spotify’s For the Record to learn more.
- Your Artist Messages: This was a hit feature in 2021 with messages from more than 100 artists and this year we’ve expanded to include messages from more than 40,000 artists including Anirudh Ravichander, Anuv Jain, Armaan Malik, A.R. Rahman, Asees Kaur, Badshah, Billie Eilish, Darshan Raval, G.V. Prakash, Harrdy Sandhu, J Balvin, Jonita Gandhi, Karan Aujla, KING, KR$NA, Neha Kakkar, Prateek Kuhad, Raftaar, Ritviz, Shreya Ghoshal, Taylor Swift, and more. With Your Artist Messages, eligible fans will get a personalised video feed with thank you messages from some of their top artists in 2022, with each video followed up by your most listened song from that artist this year. See HERE for a video compilation of some of the artist messages.
- Share More: We know that Spotify fans love to share their Wrapped cards, so new this year, we’re adding the ability to share Wrapped cards on WhatsApp and Instagram. Fans can also unlock a personalised Snapchat lens that reflects their Listening Personality and enjoy special Wrapped-themed apparel for Bitmojis anywhere they are available, as well as custom Wrapped-themed GIFs across all GIPHY partners.
Like every year, Spotify has also launched its Wrapped creator experience for podcasters and artists. With access to their own individualised Wrapped microsite experience, creators can dive into all the ways in which their fans listened this year. You can Check it all out on spotify.com/wrapped
So guys in case you liked this post and wish to receive more tech stuff delivered to you on a daily basis then don’t forget to subscribe to the Inspire2Rise newsletter in order to receive more such timely tech news, updates and more!
Keep visiting for more such excellent posts, internet tips, and gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”