Uber Connect is now available in five more cities!
Uber today announced the availability of its recently launched package delivery service – Uber Connect, in more cities, New Delhi, Noida, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Chandigarh. Piloted last week in four markets – Kolkata, Jaipur, Guwahati and Gurgaon, Uber’s latest service enables residents to send and receive items from each other within city limits while maintaining social distancing.
With this expansion, Uber Connect will now be available across nine key Indian cities.
All packages sent via Uber Connect should be transportable on a two-wheeled vehicle, be under 5 kilograms in weight, securely sealed and not include prohibited items such as alcohol, recreational drugs, or dangerous and illegal items.
Prabhjeet Singh, Director-Operations and Head of Cities, Uber India & South Asia, said,
“We are delighted to extend Uber Connect to five more cities so residents can stay connected by sending items to their friends and family while practising social distancing. The positive response to our pilot program last week has encouraged us to expand the availability of Uber Connect. It helps support cities and communities through our technology and network by moving what matters. Additionally, we create earning opportunities for driver-partners.”
Uber is committed to slowing the spread of COVID-19 and its new package delivery service will adhere to all guidelines laid down by authorities. All driver-partners associated with Uber Connect have undergone virtual training exercises for this service.
Similar to on-demand trips, customers will be able to continue monitoring the trip’s progress prior to pick up, en route, and at the dropoff. Customers can also share the delivery status with the recipient of the package.
Table of Contents
Getting started with Uber Connect is easy:
- Download the app – Get the free Uber app from the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone and open the app to create your account
- After adding your pickup and delivery address, Uber Connect will appear in the Uber app as a new option in the vehicle selection scroller
- You’ll be prompted to agree to package delivery T&Cs and confirm that your item complies with those terms and request delivery
- You’ll receive a notification once the driver is on their way to pick up your package. You can contact the driver directly for any special pickup or drop-off instructions
- You can use the “Share My Trip” feature with your recipient so they can track the delivery and meet the driver to collect the package.
Uber’s mission is to create opportunity through movement. We started in 2010 to solve a simple problem: how do you get access to a ride at the touch of a button? More than 15 billion trips later, we’re building products to get people closer to where they want to be. By changing how people, food, and things move through cities, Uber is a platform that opens up the world to new possibilities.
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”
Follow Inspire2rise on Twitter. | Follow Inspire2rise on Facebook. | Follow Inspire2rise on YouTube.