New 8th Gen Intel Core Processors Optimized for Connectivity, Great Performance, Long Battery Life for Laptops and 2 in 1s have been launched today worldwide!
Table of Contents
What’s New in new Intel 8th Gen processors?
Intel today announced additions to the 8th Gen Intel® CoreTM processor family, the U-series (formerly code-named Whiskey Lake) and Y-series (formerly code-named Amber Lake) optimized for connectivity in thin, light laptops and 2 in 1s for the first time, while also providing ultimate mobile performance and long battery life.
“The new 8th Gen Intel Core processors extend once again our leadership in delivering exceptional performance. Now with Gigabit Wi-Fi, we’ve enabled faster PC connectivity, added more intuitive voice experiences and enabled longer battery life needed for the next wave of mobile computing.”
– Chris Walker, vice president of the Client Computing Group and general manager of Intel Mobile Client Platform
Why It’s Important:
New 8th Gen Intel Core U-series and Y-series processors raise the bar for connectivity, performance, entertainment and productivity for today’s laptops and 2 in 1s. The 8th Gen Intel Core U-series processors bring integrated Gigabit Wi-Fi to thin and light mainstream laptops for the first time, delivering up to 12×1 faster connectivity speeds. They also offer up to 2x better performance, compared to a 5-year-old PC, and double-digit gains in office productivity for everyday web browsing and light content creation over the previous generation.2 This leap in connectivity and performance will help empower people to focus, create and connect at home, in the office and on-the-go. Consumers can now download their favourite shows and movies in under a minute3, create, edit and share 4K/360 video content 6.5x faster4, and stream and play games, including “World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth”* and “World of Tanks.”*
The 8th Gen Intel Core Y-series processors also deliver fast connectivity options, including fast Wi-Fi and LTE capabilities with unprecedented performance, to the some of the thinnest and lightest laptops and 2 in 1s in the market with double-digit gains in performance compared to the previous generation6, enabling fresh innovations in sleek and compact form factor designs with extended battery life.
Both the U-series and Y-series processors have new and improved platform capabilities for more intelligent interactions with PCs, such as support for multiple voice services on the U-series and refinements to improve natural input options like touch and stylus for the Y-series.
Below are other new features of the processors.
8th Gen Intel® CoreTM Mobile Processors – U and Y Series:
8th Gen Intel Core U-Series Processor (i7-8565U, i5-8265U, i3-8145U)
The latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 (U-series) processors deliver the ultimate performance in a 15- watt envelope with up to four cores and eight threads for mainstream laptops and 2 in 1s.
Other key features and capabilities:
- For the first time on this class of processors, Intel is delivering blazing fast connectivity withintegrated Gigabit Wi-Fi with Intel® Wireless-AC for faster sharing, streaming and downloading.Paired with Intel LTE modem options, consumers will have fast connectivity wherever they are.
- Working with the PC ecosystem, Intel is delivering incredible performance in power-efficient platforms. With the new U-series processors, laptops and 2 in 1s get the extra leap in performance while also lasting up to 16 hours on a single charge with power-optimized systemstargeted to achieve about 19 hours.
- Consumers can simplify their lives and get more done with Amazon Alexa* and MicrosoftCortana* to help control lighting and temperature in their homes, play music, create lists andshop with the sound of their voice, whether they are at home or on-the-go.
- Download in a snap and watch premium 4K UHD content from providers, including AmazonPrime Video*, Netflix*, iQiyi*, Sony Pictures ULTRA* and Vudu*.
- Devices with the new U-series processor can also support Dolby VisionTM HDR* and DolbyAtmos®* immersive audio. Together, the fusion of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos transform PCsinto an entertainment powerhouse.
- Play popular games on the go, including “World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth” and “World of Tanks.”
8th Gen Intel Core Y-Series Processor (i7-8500Y, i5-8200Y, m3-8100Y)
The first 8th Gen Intel Core i7, i5 and m3 (Y-series) processors are balanced for mobility and deliver incredible performance that people expect from Intel processors in super thin-and-light devices with fast Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity.
Other key features:
- Stream, share or download with Intel Wireless-AC supporting Gigabit wireless speeds, andexperience seamless and reliable connectivity with Modern Standby and eSIM support withIntel’s Gigabit LTE modems.
- Improved touch and stylus interaction to power creativity and sketch, shade and paint withprecision.
- Ultra-sleek, thin-and-light designs less than 7 millimetres thick and lighter than 1 pound for useat home, in the office and on-the-go.How can you get it:Laptops and 2 in 1s powered by the new 8th Gen Intel Core U-series and Y-series processors will be available from PC manufacturers beginning this fall. A lot of new laptops would have these processors!
In case you found it informative, do let us know in the comments section below!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”