Apple macOS Big Sur 11.3 development preview Beta released!
Now supports the latest Xbox and PS5 controllers!
Apple yesterday released the first macOS Big Sur 11.3 development preview, which contains bug fixes and some functional improvements.
The development preview version of macOS Big Sur 11.3 redesigned the tabs of Apple News+, and added customized shortcuts and live events to the immediate listening of Apple Music, and optimized sorting options for reminders.
Also worth mentioning is that this update also adds a preference pane for iOS and iPadOS App, as well as more customization options for the Safari browser.
It is worth mentioning that the macOS Big Sur 11.3 development preview version is also the same as the iOS 14.5/iPadOS 14.5 updated on Monday, adding support for PS5 DualSense and Xbox Series X gamepads.
This update has been pushed to registered developers and is expected to be pushed to the public beta version within a week.
Users can download ?macOS Big Sur? Beta channel file through various online sources. After that, users can obtain subsequent test versions through “Software Update” in “System Preferences”.
The following is the complete update log:
- The Safari browser brings more customization options: macOS Big Sur brings the most significant update to the Safari browser since the browser was first released.
- The start page is more customizable, and users can use custom controls to rearrange the various sections, including common websites, reading lists, and Siri suggestions.
- With the new extension type, developers can make extensions that can be experienced directly on the new tab page.
- Through the Web Speech API, developers can integrate speech recognition functions directly into web pages.
- Enhanced functions of iOS / iPadOS App on Mac: The performance of iPhone and iPad App on Mac equipped with M1 chip is constantly improving.
- If the screen size allows, the iPadOS App can now be launched in a larger window.
- A preference panel has been added to the iPad and iPhone App, giving users more control over keyboard commands for touch alternative options.
- Reminders: You can now sort reminders by title, priority, due date or creation time. You can also manually move reminders up and down in any list including the “smart list”. And the newly-added printing support in reminders makes it easy for you to easily print the to-do list and tick off the completed items on the paper.
- Apple Music makes it easier to find your personal selection recommendations and “Music Memories” playlists through the “Exclusive Recommendation” shortcut. “Listen now” will show special events according to your preferences.
- Support for the new generation of gamepads: Users can use the latest Xbox Series X wireless controllers or Sony DualSense wireless controllers to play their favourite games.
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, gadget reviews, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”
Follow Inspire2rise on Twitter. | Follow Inspire2rise on Facebook. | Follow Inspire2rise on YouTube.