Canon India’s Service team touching major milestones. Canon Excellence Center contributing to the Growth of the Segment
C-TEC is a landmark in Canon India’s convoy showcasing strong technological capabilities & long-term commitment towards Indian customer. Well equipped with highly sophisticated tools, C-TEC has senior professionals for simulations and training direct engineers and partners. To provide a comprehensive learning approach focused on technical, software and intellectual skill development.
At Canon they believe & follow Kyosei philosophy, signifying “living and working together for the common good”, this infrastructure is a small step towards their commitment in complying with Kyosei philosophy and working for the common good. C-TEC was inaugurated in Dec, 2016 by Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO Canon India, located in Noida. Technical trainings, demonstrations, product testing and simulation are witnessed at CTEC. Demonstrations are well planned and availability of resources is also considered before committing to any demonstrations. A day dedicated to demonstration session for customers comprises of classroom technology presentation, live demo and media testing on equipment, followed by customer visits if required.
Carved with 5 tools CTEC focuses on:
- Learning – Learning is the focus at the CTEC, it is being the learning hub, used for conducting technical training, demonstrations, product testing, and simulation. At CTEC, Partners, as well as Canon engineers, can enhance their technical skills from very basic to vastly innovative creation. It conducts 5k-6k of man-hours training every year covering more than 1500 engineers nationally.
- Invention – CTEC has DreamLabo, a viable alternative to silver halide technology. With this, Canon brings in an innovative idea which is not just about colour and output but about recreating Memories in a way that they remain alive for a lifetime, The spectacular HD printing can make one bring back and cherish those moments forever.
- Rejuvenation – Driven by the philosophy of Kyosei, Canon always endeavor to rejuvenate the environment. At CTEC, Canon tries to ensure that all the recyclable items are reused efficiently and non-recyclable items are scrapped in an environment-friendly manner, as per statutory requirements.
- Expertise– CTEC has always been a hub for repairs of high-end cameras which demands qualified engineers. This facility in houses one of the best darkrooms in Asia measuring 33m in length and covering an area of 2192 sq feet. Lens adjustment of Up to 800mm along with all the tools as recommended by Canon Ink which results in high precision repairs work.
- Responsibility: CTEC takes vital steps towards nurturing the environment and immensely supports sustainable development as the rooftop is labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Canon has also invested in making RO plants for water purification. This playing an important part in their sustainable development.
THE CTEC BUILDING:
While the rooftop of the CTEC is for Social responsibility, with its solar panels thus playing its part for sustainable development. As green initiative at CTEC , the basement, known as reengineering floor is the place where old machines from Canon buyers and owners are brought back from field to be refurbished , in case these machines are beyond repairs then these machines are scrapped and disposed of as per government norms of e waste disposal.
The ground floor has HD Photo Zone where high-end commercial products like Dream Labo5000, Oce & iPF Pro Printer are kept for training & demonstration purposes. This floor also has Toner Refilling Plant which includes a high-tech compression Plant in order to maintain air quality and where toner cartridges are being refilled.
Moving ahead, The Training Center is on the first floor, where training is being organized for Service Engineers, DC & IDC Partners, Engineer & Managers. They also have, Level 3 technical help desk for technical and software support.
On the next floor, is in-house Repair Center. This is where Inkjet and laser printers (warranty or Damage on Arrival cases) and defective PCBs are repaired. The spare parts are re-engineered and reused as well.
Canon believes in providing best customer experience through its various services. With the help of this training facility, Canon aim to excel in this endeavor by imparting training to engineers, sales teams and channel partners. The training will help them to get a better understanding of products and further enhance the customer experience.
Do you have any doubts or queries do leave them in the comments section below!
Keep visiting for more such awesome posts, internet tips, lifestyle tips, and remember we cover,
“Everything under the Sun!”